We are pleased to be able to confirm this years concerts and performances.
The Orchestra will be playing on the Friday 4 and Saturday 5 August 2017 at 7.30pm. Tickets are £12 for adults and £9 for concessions at both concerts.
- The Friday evening concert is at the MAC Theatre (Midlands Arts Centre). Tickets are available on 0121 446 3232, in person from the Customer Service Desk or at https://macbirmingham.co.uk/event/national-scout-guide-symphony-orchestra-annual-concert. The MAC is very near to Edgbaston Cricket Ground, and there is free parking but I understand that there is a cricket match that evening so it may be busy. There is no train link from the town centre but there are buses.
- The Saturday evening concert is at the Ruddock Hall. Tickets are available at http://tickets.ruddockpac.co.uk/sales or through the box office on 0121 472 9585 between 1 and 3pm Monday to Friday. Please note the car parking information on their website. Ruddock Hall is based at King Edward’s School, Edgbaston Park Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2UA. It is next to Birmingham University. The nearest station is University.
The 2 concert venues are just 1 mile from each other so if you are proposing to attend both I suggest that you stay in the Edgbaston area and get a bus or train into watch the Concert Band concert on the Friday afternoon (see below)
If you are a member of NSGSO Friends and are entitled to a free concert ticket please contact David or Sam at email@example.com and they will coordinate a ticket for you.
- Vaughan Williams, Symphony No.2, A London Symphony
- Copland, 4 Dance Episodes from Rodeo
- Walton, Spitfire Prelude & Fugue
- Joint Piece with the Concert Band - Farandole by Bizet and an encore piece
Concert Band Concerts
- On Tuesday 1st August the band will be playing 3 or 4 pieces at Kidderminster Severn Valley Railway Station at intervals between 10.30 and 12.30. There is no charge but they will be busking for donations from the general public. Great environment for parents and families to watch.
- On Friday 4th August they will be playing at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham Chamberlain Square, B3 3DH 0121 348 8038 from 2.30-3.0pm and 3.30-4.0pm. http://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/bmag. There is no charge. It is very near to Birmingham Grand Central Station. For parking follow city centre parking and leave yourself lots of time to get lost on route!! The Edwardian tea room in the Art Gallery is fabulous!
- On Friday evening they will play a 15 minute programme as guest artists of the Orchestra at the MAC (Midlands Arts Centre) theatre in Birmingham. They will also play a joint finale piece with the Orchestra.Tickets for the MAC Theatre as above
- The Concert Band’s main concert is in the Old Hall at Old Swinford School in Stourbridge at 11.30am on Saturday 5th August. Tickets are on sale from the NSGSO team via Aiden at firstname.lastname@example.org, one of the NSGSO Coordinators. Tickets are £8 and £5 concessions. Concession prices for this concert also apply to any adults buying tickets for one of the evening concerts. Please complete the attached form and return to Aiden if you would like tickets for this concert. Seating is un-reserved and you will be issued with an e-ticket prior to the event.
- On Saturday evening the concert band will play upstairs in the lobby at 7pm at Ruddock Hall and also have a 15 minute programme as guest artists of the Orchestra. They will also play a joint finale piece with the Orchestra. Tickets for the Ruddock Hall as above.
If you are a member of NSGSO Friends and are entitled to a free concert ticket please contact David or Sam at email@example.com and they will coordinate a ticket for you
Concert Band Programme
- Encanto by Robert W Smith
- March from Symphony No 2- Tchaikovsky
- Come Fly with Me- Sammy Cahn
- Abba Gold
- Maloguena arr by Sammy Nestico
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Holst Suite for Band
- Blaze Away by Holzman
- Lord of the Dance
- A couple of others still TBC
- Joint Piece with the Orchestra- Farandole by Bizet and an encore piece
The booking form for the 5th August event can be downloaded –please click here.